Evacuated Cryogenic Insulating Perlite(0-1.5mm or less)
|Max. application temperature||800 °C|
|Softening temperature||870 °C|
|Melting temperature||1260 °C|
|Heat capacity (between 77 and 300 K)||0.50 J/g K|
|Porosity||97 % by volume|
|Moisture content( in the open air)||Up to 0.5 % by weight|
|Max. moisture content||Up to 900 % by weight|
|Density of the perlite ore||2200 to 2400 kg/m3|
|Density of the fine-ground perlite ore||1200 kg/m3|
|SiO2||70 ~ 75|
|Al2O3||12 ~ 16|
|Fe2O3||0.15 ~ 1.5|
|MgO||0.2 ~ 0.5|
|CaO||0.1 ~ 2.0|
|Na2O||2.5 ~ 5.0|
|K2O||1.0 ~ 4.0|
3.Perlite in the steel and Foundry Industries
Perlite insulation is used in high temperature applications in the steel and foundry industries such as ladle topping, hot topping and risering, in topping compounds, in exothermic and insulating shapes, as a cushioning agent, in molding sand and in the manufacture of refractory blocks and bricks.
4.Agriculture perlite application
THE ADVANTAGES OF AGRICULTURAL PERLITE
· Improves soil aeration and drainage.
· Makes moisture and nutrients readily available to plants.
· Inorganic and does not deteriorate.
· Serves as an insulator to reduce extreme soil temperature fluctuations.
· Has essentially neutral PH of 6.5 to 7.5.
· It is sterile and free of weeds and disease.
· It is clean, odorless, lightweight.
Benefites of Hydroponic culture
· Horticultural perlite provides more constant moisture status aroun the roots at all times irrespective of we ather or stage of root growth.
· Perlite ensures more even watering throughout the grwoing area.
· Thera is less probability of over-watering with horticutlural perlite.
· Perlite culture avoids wasting of water and nutrients.
· The use of perlite eliminates the need to grade growing floors accurately.
Because of perlite's outstanding insulation, light weight, fire retardant and sound control characteristics and its being rot, vermin and termite resistant perlite is widely used in the following construction applications.
· Loose fill insulation
· Portland cement and gypsum plasters
· Underfloor insulation
· Concrete roof decks
· Chimney Linings
· Pipe insulation